Are you constantly stressed at work and experiencing tension and pain throughout your body? Pressure from work impacts you both physically and mentally. You need to take measures to protect your overall health and a great way to do that is with an office massage chair.
You’re probably thinking, how can an office massage chair help your physical and mental well-being? Well, a good massage can help lower anxiety, reduce tension, improve your posture, and relieve muscle pain. There are more benefits a massage provides, but of course, you can’t have a masseuse come in every day. So, an alternative to that is having an office massage chair. Let’s look at how it provides you with those office massage chair benefits.
Benefits Of Having An Office Massage Chair In Your Office
It is almost impossible to avoid stress in the workplace. Everyone has targets to hit and deadlines to meet. More often than not, all the pressure has a significant impact on overall health resulting in headaches, backaches, and neck pain. With time, individuals may develop more serious ailments such as high blood pressure, lower immunity, and even heart problems.
An office massage chair takes preventative measures against stress. It may not eliminate it but lowers its impact by:
- Lowering anxiety: A good office massage chair lowers your heart rate and promotes the release of endorphins helping you relax. It lowers anxiety and reduces the chances of depression by distressing individuals, making them happy and well.
- Reduces tension: During the day you build up a lot of muscle tension from all the stress you take on. A massage relieves you and your body of tension by targeting specific points to help your muscles relax. You can find office massage chairs that target your whole body, reducing tension and leaving your body feeling rejuvenated.
- Increases circulation: As muscles tense up, they restrict blood circulation. A massage applies pressure on the muscles to help them ease up and promote blood circulation. Increased blood circulation also helps lower blood pressure.
- Improves posture: Sitting at a desk for extended hours may result in bad posture. Most people hunch over their desks and work, ignoring the impact of such a posture on their bodies. A massage chair realigns the spine and ensures you sit upright, improving your posture.
- Boosts mood and morale: Reduces anxiety and tension will automatically put you in a better mood. Knowing that you have an office massage chair will make you no longer dread going to work.
- Improves team synergy: When a team is stressed, there will be some tension and animosity between individuals. Allowing everyone to destress and remain content even when there is pressure will help them all work better together. Ultimately, allowing everyone to work together to meet targets and deadlines.
Besides the benefits mentioned above, an office massage chair may also lower the healthcare burden on the employer. By reducing stress, anxiety, and body tension you limit the risk of injury. You essentially lower the chances of muscular pain and depression, which translates into lower healthcare expenses.
Things You Need To Consider When Buying A Massage Chair
Now that you know why you need a massage chair, let’s look at the factors you should consider when buying one.
- Size: Make sure you get one that easily fits your office space. There is a wide variety of sizes of the chair, most are bulky and heavy so may not be ideal for all desk space.
- Features: Massage chairs are quite advanced now but of course the more advanced the chair, the more it costs. You want to focus on the types and areas of massages it provides. Get one that provides a whole-body massage and fits your budget. You don’t need any other additional features unless you want to splurge.
- Design: Design may also run up the cost of a massage chair. You can find chairs made out of fabric, leather, and other materials. Most aesthetically pleasing chairs are expensive, if your budget is low then focus solely on the massage options it has and don’t worry too much about design.
Buying An Office Massage Chair
Think of an office massage chair as an investment in your physical and mental well-being. It may seem like you are splurging on a piece of furniture, but the benefits it offers will impact your health. So, it has some return when you compare it to a regular office chair. Thinking long-term, it will be one of the smartest investments you make at the workplace.